ARE YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS YEAST-CONNECTED ? TO FIND OUT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONNAIRE. THE HIGHER THE OVERALL SCORE, THE GREATER IS THE PROBABILITY OF A SERIOUS CANDIDA PROBLEM.
1. Have you taken repeated courses of antibiotic drugs?
2. Have you been troubled by premenstrual tension, abdominal pain, menstrual problems, vaginitis, prostatitis or loss of sexual interest?
3. Does exposure to tobacco, perfume or other chemical odours provoke moderate to severe symptoms?
4. Do you crave sugar, breads, alcoholic beverages?
5. Are you bothered by recurrent digestive problems?
6. Are you bothered by fatigue or depression symptoms?
7. Are you bothered by hives, psoriasis or other chronic skin rashes?
8. Have you ever taken birth control pills?
9. Are you bothered by headaches, muscle and joint pains or incoordination of movement?
10. Do you feel bad all over, yet the cause hasn't been found?
If you have 3 or 4 "yes" answers, yeasts possibly play a role in your illness.
If you have 5 to 7 "yes" answers, yeast probably causes your symptoms.
If you have more than 8 'yes' replies, yeast almost certainly is involved.
SECTION A : HISTORY
2. Have you at any time in your life taken "broad spectrum" antibiotics for respiratory, urinary or other infections (for 2 months or longer, or in shorter courses 4 or more times in a year?) 20 points
3. Have you taken a "broad spectrum" antibiotic drug - even a single course? 6 points
4. Have you, at any time in your life, been bothered by persistent prostatitis, vaginitis or other problems affecting reproductive organs? 25 points
5. Have you been pregnant two or more times? 5 points. One pregnancy? 3 points
6. Have you taken Prednisone or other cortisone-type drug for more than two weeks? 15 points or for two weeks or less? 6 points
7. Have you taken birth control pills for more than 2 years? 15 points or for more than six months and up to two years? 8 points
8. Does exposure to perfumes, insecticides, fabric shop odours and other chemicals provoke moderate to severe symptoms? 20 points, or mild symptoms? 5 points
9. Are your symptoms worse on damp, muggy days or in mouldy places? 20 points
10. Have you had athlete's foot, ring worm, "jock itch" or other chronic fungous infections of the skin or nails? Have such infections been severe or persistent? 20 points, mild to moderate? 10 points
11. Do you crave sugar or sweet foods? 10 points
12. Do you crave breads? 10 points
13. Do you crave alcoholic beverages? 10 points
14. Does tobacco smoke really bother you? 10 points
TOTAL SCORE FROM SECTION A (Maximum 253)
SECTION B : MAJOR SYMPTOMS
For each of your symptoms, enter the score figure' in the points column:
· If a symptom is OCCASIONAL or MILD score 3 points
· If a symptom is FREQUENT or MODERATELY SEVERE score 6 points
· If a symptom is SEVERE or DISABLING score 9 points
2. Feeling of being "drained"
3. Poor memory
4. Feeling "spacey" or "unreal"
6. Numbness, burning or tingling
7. Muscle aches
8. Muscle weakness or paralysis
9. Pain and/or swelling in joints
10. Abdominal pain
14. Troublesome vaginal discharge
15. Persistent vaginal burning or itching
18. Loss of sexual desire
19. Cramps and/or other menstrual irregularities
20. Premenstrual tension
21. Spots in front of the eyes
22. Erratic vision
TOTAL SCORE FROM SECTION B (Maximum 207)
SECTION C OTHER SYMPTOMS
For each of your symptoms, enter the score figure in the points column:
· If a symptom is OCCASIONAL or MILD Score 1 point
· If a symptom is FREQUENT and/or MODERATELY SEVERE Score 2 points
· If a symptom is SEVERE and/or DISABLING Score 3 points
3. Irritability or jittery
4. Inability to concentrate
5. Frequent mood swings
7. Dizziness/loss of balance
8. Pressure above ears, feeling of head swelling or tingling
10. Other rashes
13. Belching and intestinal gas
14. Mucus in stools
16. Dry mouth
17. Rash or blisters in mouth
18. Bad breath
19. Joint swelling or arthritis
20. Nasal congestion or discharge
21. Post nasal drip
22. Nasal itching
23. Sore or dry throat
25. Pain or tightness in chest
26. Wheezing or shortness of breath
27. Urgency or urinary frequency
28. Burning on urination
29. Burning or watering of the eyes
30. Failing vision
31. Recurrent infections or fluid in the ears
32. Ear pain or deafness
· TOTAL SCORE, SECTION A /253
· TOTAL SCORE, SECTION B /207
· TOTAL SCORE, SECTION C / 96
· TOTAL GRAND SCORE /556
Candida/Yeast problems almost certainly present if score higher than 180 for women or 140 for men.
Candida/Yeast problems are probably present if score is 120 to 180 for women and 90 to 140 for men.
Candida/Yeast problems are possibly present if score is 60 to 119 for women and 40 to 89 for men.
Candida/Yeast problems are less likely if score is below 60 for women and below 40 for men.
(From W.G. Crook: The Yeast Connection)